Every time you exit the shower, what is the first thing you grab? I bet the answer is a towel! What if we told you there are several benefits which will improve your skin…..ready to make the switch?
- Retains moisture - It helps to preserve the natural oils in your skin, which can help to keep your skin moisturized and healthy. It also reduces the amount of moisturizing products you need to reapply throughout the day when applied to damp skin.
- Reduces Irritation - It can reduce the risk of irritation and inflammation caused by using a towel, especially for sensitive skin types.
- Reduces Acne - It can help to reduce the risk of acne and other skin conditions caused by over-cleansing and stripping the skin of its natural oils.
- Prevents Bacteria - It can also help to prevent the spread of bacteria, as towels can harbor bacteria and transfer them to your skin.
- Environment Friendly - It’s great for the environment and reduces your carbon footprint! By skipping the towel, this requires less energy and saves you money as you're not paying for the energy used to power a washer and dryer.
Air drying may not be the best choice for everyone, especially for those with oily skin or those living in a dry climate, in those cases using a clean towel to gently pat the skin dry is best.
It’s definitely a matter of preference and there is no right or wrong answer. For those who like to use towels, if you clean them regularly and pat dry you should be able to achieve similar results.